Participating in an international exhibition, you need to consider several factors. At such shows, you will connect with people from around the world with different languages and cultures.
Your company may be experienced in participating in domestic trade shows; however, international exhibitions are a completely different experience. Participating in such shows is not simple and you need to be aware of all major and minor aspects to ensure it goes through without much trouble.
If you are considering participating in an international exhibition, here are some tips that will make it a success.
- 1. Make a plan in advance because if you fail to make one, there is a high possibility of failing. It is recommended you hire an experienced company to ensure timely management and efficient planning.
- 2. Do not forget to do your research because the rules guiding international exhibitions are different from domestic trade shows. It is crucial you know the guidelines and all regulations pertaining to the country.
- 3. You must also know about the country where the exhibition is being held. Take time to understand the city, the culture, local rules, and the people and learn some basic greetings to make your experience more fruitful.
- 4. Language is a crucial component when planning to participate in an international exhibition. You must know about certain phrases that must be avoided and also know about the ones you need to include. This is especially true when you are brainstorming for the exhibition stand design.
- 5. Exhibiting in a foreign country is more expensive when compared to participating in a domestic show. Knowing this will help you plan and also avoid any last-minute troubles. Moreover, when you travel for the exhibition, ensure you carry adequate local currency to meet out-of-pocket expenses to avoid any stress.
- 6. Some countries may not accept cash for participating in the show services. Therefore, do not forget to carry a credit card or make arrangement for online transfers. Also, consider the international currency exchange rates and other charges while making the budget for your international exhibition participation.
- 7. When finalizing the exhibition stall design, take into consideration the material being used. This is because you may need to ship the components to the foreign country and international shipping is expensive. Additionally, ensure all the necessary material and other things are shipped well in advance to avoid last-minute delays and rush.
- 8. It is very important that your associates and other team members are able to contact you while you are traveling to an international exhibition. Check with your mobile company if its services are available in the foreign country at least a few weeks before your travel date. If the services are not available, make alternative arrangements to ensure people can contact you when required.
- 9. Hiring local people to man your booth is advisable. This is because they are well-versed with the local language and will be able to communicate with the visitors. In addition, they are able to help you understand the customer requirements and this will play an important role in increasing the number of visitors to your stall.
- 10. The stall design is important and should be attractive to ensure people walk into your stand to know more about your products or services. All materials, such as business cards, flyers, pamphlets, and brochures should be printed both in English as well as the local languages and should be kept handy to distribute to the visitors.
- 11. Clearing the customs when you ship your stand materials and other promotional exhibits may be a cumbersome task. It is recommended you try to find a local designing agency to deliver a high-quality design.
- 12. When choosing the stand design company, ensure they have a professional and experienced team that is able to provide some unique ideas and tips to make your booth stand out among other participants. The design should be inviting and clutter-free to encourage people to step inside.
Versatility is crucial when you participate in an international exhibition. Managing a foreign show is not simple and being open to listen to others to know about innovative ideas will help you succeed in the same.
Exhibitions are an excellent way to network and having a unique stall design will help promote your brand by creating a lasting impression.